Thursday, May 10, 2012

Additional Resources


1.  This is a resource provided by one of your fellow students.  It appears that it may be of more help for cell biology and biochemistry then it will be in the long run for physiology, but none-the-less an educational resource is worth sharing.  I agree with her that the material is interactive and seems of great value to you.  To maintain her anonimity if she is interested I have not included her name, but here is the blurb from one of your fellow students:
 
"I wanted to make a recommendation for supplemental study material to share with you and the class.  While studying, I came across this website and found the animations and interactive nature of it to be pretty helpful.  The visual effects are great.  The site sometimes takes a while to load, but otherwise, I found it a great resource for supplemental material. It covers topics from your lectures as well as Cell Biology and some topics from Biochemistry.  Wanted to share it with you and perhaps, if you also find it helpful, you will share it with the class in lecture or through your blog.


2.  It has also come to my attention that the 2nd and 3rd youtube link that I put into the lecture notes have since been removed by their authors.  Therefore, you are left with only one link for this lecture.  Now, I think that the topic is not as complex as some future topics we will cover so I think that many of you have not even looked at these links, but I also realize these are a great resource for some of you.  This alert has allowed me to do two things:
A.  In the future, I will make a greater concerted effort to check the links frequently and update them as videos get removed.
B.  For this lecture, therefore, we are stuck with a conundrum in that there is only one link for your benefit.  Now, I could provide you with a few more by 'googling' them myself, or I COULD pose the challenge to each of you to find a link or two that YOU think has covered the difficult concepts from my lecture and/or all of the topics from the lecture and share them here in the comments with your fellow classmates.  Obviously these are not grade-able and this is not something you have to do, but if you are finding yourself wanting to search a bit deeper in that regard, please share with us what you find.  I will look at them as well and make any corrections (if you have not already) that may need to be made and/or weigh in on my opinion regarding what I like about them or do not like about them.

So, I hope that a few of you do feel inspired to share.  Also, THANK YOU to your fellow classmate for providing us with a great visual resource and John Kyrk for authoring it for us :)! 

No comments:

Post a Comment